Next Big Futures article The Next Big Cities: The Future of Big Data and Big Data-Driven Design (Boston: CityLab, 2016) is a collection of essays exploring the potentials and challenges of data-driven design.
This collection presents the work of more than two dozen authors from across Boston and across the country, from leading researchers and practitioners to emerging startups and startups that are working on the future of data and data-enabled design.
These contributors are exploring how the Next BIG Cities of tomorrow could change how we live, work, and play.
This volume contains: • A detailed overview of the future and current state of Big City design.
• A brief overview of data analytics.
• Essays and case studies exploring the implications of Big Cities on the design and use of data, data management, data-rich applications, and data visualization.
• Case studies on the impact of data on the life and work of businesses, governments, and consumers.
• Interviews with leading Big City and BigData experts and practitioners.
The authors will also provide some insightful commentary on the growing popularity of BigCity technologies.
• Additional research that explores the future challenges and opportunities of data.