How to find property tax refunds, and how to file a claim

Updated May 29, 2018 03:11:08 How do I claim a property tax refund?

You can claim a refund by using the online property tax process.

It’s not as easy as it sounds.

The process starts with the California Department of Finance (CDF) issuing an e-filing notice for the year in which the property is expected to be purchased or rented, or is expected for use.

The notice lists all the tax credits and exemptions you’re eligible for.

Then, a tax return for that year is mailed to you with instructions to follow.

The refund will be paid from your property tax liability, or the total amount of your refund.

If you receive a refund and are eligible for a refund, you’ll need to file an amended return for the next tax year.

Here’s how to claim a tax refund.

How to file: Find a tax credit, exemption, or exemption, which is usually in the form of a certificate of exemption.

If the certificate of exemptions is not available, you may need to fill out a form with your information to get a tax exemption.

File your amended return with the county or city clerk, and you should receive a letter from the tax department within a week.

You can use the online tax process to claim the refund, or mail it to your home address.

The department will mail a check for the amount of the refund to your account, and then your return will be processed.

If your refund is paid within 30 days of receiving the refund check, the tax return will not be processed and you won’t be required to file another return.

However, the IRS does require that you file a new tax return.

This means you’ll have to file one for the 2018 tax year if you receive the refund this year.

How do you file an updated return?

You’ll need your name, address, and Social Security number, if any, if you haven’t already done so.

You may also need to provide additional information.

For example, you can provide proof of your address change or proof that you were in California at the time of the property purchase or rental.

If all of these are required, you should send the completed form with the amended return to the county clerk or city attorney.

The form will take at least 10 business days to process, and it may take up to a week after that.

For more information, read the state’s 2018 refund process.

What if I don’t receive the return?

If you don’t get a refund or notice of payment, you have three options: file an online claim using the property tax system or mail the tax refund to the tax office.

You should mail the refund if you have a refund that was made, but you didn’t receive a check.

You also should mail it if you received a tax notice.

If neither option is available, contact the county tax office directly and provide them with a certified copy of your amended and/or final tax return showing your payment and/a description of the error.

They’ll review your information and decide whether you should file an original tax return or a tax claim.

If it’s the original, you must file a refund using the process outlined above, but if it’s not, you could file a tax dispute using the original form.

To file a return electronically, go to the website of the county of residence where the property was purchased or leased.

The online property property tax claim form is available online or at the County Clerk’s Office.

If there are any questions about the process, contact your county clerk.

You might also want to contact your local government office.

This article was written by Nicole DeJesus, associate editor of Property and Casualty Weekly, a magazine published by the American Property Institute.

Follow her on Twitter at @nicole_dejesus, and email her at [email protected]